Friday, April 30, 2010

Wishing You a Perfect Day


My sister made some crochet flowers for me and because they are so pretty I had to make a card using her flowers as the focal point (thanks sis, I just love your flowers!), but I also couldn't resist adding Amy Young's Bumbles again 'cause he's so darned cute! 

The challenges:

The recipe:
Paper:  the Girl's Paperie
Stamps:  Sweet November Digi by Amy Young; Whiff of Joy sentiment
Tools:  Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Martha Stewart fence punch, corner punch
Other:  Copic Markers, Memento, embroidery thread, buttons, pop dots

Thanks for looking and wishing you not only
 a perfect day but a perfect weekend!





26 comments:

Jodi said...

A very sweet card! I love those flowers and bumbles too!! Great scene! Thanks for joining us at All That Scraps!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Denise said...

Shirley,
This is one very pretty card! I Love those pretty flowers, and yes that bee is a very adorable image.
Have a Great Weekend!
Hugs,
Denise

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Shirley this is awesome those flowers are amazing this is so fresh and summery I also love the fence and the bee this is one very beautiful creation well done you.
Hugs
Lorraine x

CHARLOTTE said...

You and your sister made a perfect team - love the crocheted flowers and such a beautiful card.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Shirley....your card makes me smile! Love your sister's crocheted flowers and your added stitched stems and leaves....so creative! Bumbles looks so happy! Have an awesome weekend!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Shirley this is gorgeous! Love the beautiful flowers and the design of the card! Too cute! TFS!

Hugs,
Michelle

Jenny said...

Hi Shirley,
These flowers are adorable! Love how you put your card together- so sweet!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

What a talented sister you have... just like you! Beautiful flowers and card!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

what a great card- I love the flowers! You are so talented. I'm glad that you liked your card and RAK! I'm glad I met you in blogland too! Take care!

Juls said...

such a beautiful delicate card! Love the flowers! hugs Juls

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Shirley, the pappers are so pretty and the crochet flowers that your sister created are beautiful.
Hugs
Debbie x

Alice said...

awww.... such an adorable card, Shirley!! i LOVE the fresh and clean colors and Amy's bee is the perfect touch!! love this!!

Cyndi said...

very cute card! i love those crochet flowers! one day i wanna learn how! have a great weekend too!

Anonymous said...

Just charming Shirley! LOVE the two tones on the flowers and the buttons! Awesome card!
Pam Going Postal

Elise said...

Oh my gosh Shirley! This is soooo beautiful!!! oh man! You're sooo lucky to have your sister make you such LOVELY flowers! How sweet are those?!!! I LOVE THEM! And you compliment them very well on your sweet sweet card! Such pretty and dainty colors! And did you SEW on the flower leaves and stems? Oh lord! You did didn't you?!!! My goodness Shirley! Gorgeous as ever! You know I'm a big lover of your work, always the most precious and so full of love! :)
Big Hugs to you my Dear Friend,
Elise

Sue from Oregon said...

oh goodness...how cute. That funny little bee heading for those blossoms just make me smile!

Teri said...

This card is oozing with sweetness! The crochet flowers are so perfect, what a nice sister to make them for you! TFS!

1LuvnMama said...

Shirl~
This is such a sweet card with Bumble! Those flowers are to die for and a great texture to your layout! Simply wonderful!

Amy said...

Bumble's never been in more beautiful company than your sister's flowers...those are gorgeous! The whole card is such a happy, springy one Shirley...love it!
Thanks for joining the ATS challenge!

Cindy Haffner said...

So very PRETTY!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Darling card!!! I love it, and love your flowers :) Beautiful job!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Joy said...

what a wonderful card! love the different shaped card...and its so pretty with the crocheted flowers! too sweet! happy Monday!

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Shirley! Your color combo is fabulous and the flowers are super awesome!!!! I love them!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley - wanted to say along w/my other comment up there ☝ .... Thanks for playing in the pink and brown challenge at ATS Weekly Wed. blog this time! ♥
Pam Going Postal

Tammi said...

Oooohh so sweet!! Love how you added the flowers with the fence, beautiful!!

Dazie said...

I love what you have done with the flowers what a brilliant idea!
Dazie
x