Monday, June 14, 2010

Feeling Blue Without You



A dear blogging friend gave me this sweet Lala with Heart stamp (thanks Mama!) so I made a card to enter her in La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #42 - The Color Blue.   It ends today so I hope I make the deadline.   Using blue as the predominant color was really a challenge.

The recipe:
Stamp:  La-La Land Crafts
Paper:  Chatterbox
Ink:  Memento, Copic Markers
Tools:  Martha Stewart punch
Other:  Ribbon, flowers, half pearls,  pop dots, computer generated sentiment

I will try to make at least one card a week to keep from going into a slump again.  We'll see.....

Thanks for looking and have a great week!


27 comments:

kris said...

Aww this is adorable!!! i'm luvin' the blues!!!!!! supah gorgeous!!!! =D

Joy said...

such a cute card! love the border and the flower too. this card is a pretty blue. hope you win! have a good Monday!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Shirley! I'm not really "into" blues myself, but your card is gorgeous! Perfect shades of blue and I love how you colored LaLa's hair! This is a winner to me!

Alice said...

awww... she is so pretty! love how you colored her and love all the pretty shades of blue! yum!! =)

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! TFS :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love this soft blue Shirley!! Your coloring and design is beautiful!! So sweet!
hugs,
Chris

Jodi said...

Shirley, she is just adorable! I love the pretty shades of blues you have used on your card!! So cute and sweet!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Irina Blount said...

Oh Shirley!! I am speechless!!!! I've never thought about coloring this Lala in blues!!! It looks AWESOME!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card!!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts!!

Hugs!!
:) Irina

Michele said...

Aaawww...such a sweet card!! I love the pretty blues and you did such a great job coloring her!! Everything just fits together so perfectly!! LOVE it!!

Jenny V. said...

Awwww, so cute Shirley! Love this image and all the shades of blue you have used. Hope you enjoy your day!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Shirley! Gorgeous card! She looks fabulous in blue and I love all of the special details you added. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Lala Land Crafts ;D

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so lovely Shirley! I love your coloring, esp how you colored her hair!

Brenda said...

I love how you put the sentiment on the side! Such a sweet card! Good luck with the challenge! Have a great week!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh my word Shirley! WOWZA! Luv how you colored Lala with Heart! She is gorgeous in your layout! Thank you so much for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! :)

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card Shirley, love the adorable image.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

awhh so sweet! I love it!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

beautiful Shirley! I love this lala! I love how you colored her and did the blue heart... I remember the song that was so popular when I was in 6th grade... "Love is Blue"... so funny how some of those songs just stuck in your head! lol
Pam Going Postal

Maureen said...

WOW!! What a fantastic card!! You did such a great job with all the blue and your coloring is awesome!! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous the colours and image are just beautiful love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

WOW! This is so GORGEOUS!! Lvoe this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

mst822 said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley! Luv all the shades of blues! Very cute image & I luv your layout! Looks like a winner to me!
Tammy

Cyndi said...

very nice Shirley! the card looks so elegant!

Michelle Alejandro said...

I love the blue! I hope you win! Yes I will probably be moving out of Mililani, so sad :0(. I love it here.

Hugs,
Michelle

Amy said...

WOW! I wouldn't have thought a blue card could be so beautiful! Your coloring of Lala is amazing and the blonde hair with all the blue is perfect!

Lilian said...

Beautiful work and beautiful coloring Shirley! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Belles N Whistles blog hop!

Elise said...

Shirley!!! What the heck is going on?!! How am I seeing your new cards on my blog thumbnail like a day after it's done and posted?!!!!!! am I THAT tired that I'm missing things?! Oh boy, I better try to get to bed early instead of 3am in the morning!!!! Either that or drink more coffeeeeee!!! LOL!

Well as always, you make such WONDERFUL cards! This image is just too cute for words and I love how you've used the color blue to match the sentiment! :) Sooooo, who are ya feeling blue without sweetie pie? Are you another one of those girls cheating with my lovely vampire Edward Cullen?!!!!!! Are you missing him too?! sigh ... I can't take my eyes off that man for a second! All these women claim that he's their man! lmao!

I hope this card was made just for fun, and not because you're actually feeling blue. If you are feeling a little downers ... I'm squeezing you with a huge big HUGGLY WUGGLY right now! :)

Love,
Elise

Rach said...

loving this card hun, the blue's look fantastic, and what a sweet image.xx