Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Little Shadow


I made this card initially to enter the Sugar Bowl Challenge but when this image reminded me of a dear blogging friend and her adorable little son,  I made it specifically with them in mind and will be sending it to her.  She is a delightfully sweet young lady who always makes me smile and has me forever ROTFLMBO with her comments and emails.   (For my sister who's probably scratching her head and for those of you not familiar with this acronym, it's--"rolling on the floor laughing my butt off!") 

I searched the web to find the right sentiment and was happy to have found this one at Create with TLC.   I thought it fit this image perfectly.  (If you click on the image, you can see the sentiment more clearly.)  If you're looking for digital word art, you may want to visit this website, too.  I'm sure you'll find something you'll like, including a lot of nice freebies!  

Before I published this post, I stopped for dinner and did some blog hopping.  I came across Simon Says Stamp! Challenge...You Gotta Have Friends! and their challenge this week is all about friends and showing them how much we appreciate them with a card.   I hope this card conveys that very sentiment!

The recipe:
Stamp:  Sugarnellie Manga Kids; Create with TLC Digi Sentiment
Paper:  Basic Grey Wisteria
Ink:  Memento, Copic Markers, Distress Ink
Tools:  Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Punch
Other:  Prima flowers; Dew Drops, Charm, Ribbon, Glitter Liner

Have a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

28 comments:

Juls said...

awhhh...this is just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Wow really gorgeous !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! Your card is adorable. TFS :)

Anonymous said...

so sweet Shirley!!! Beautiful card and coloring.. did you try my blonde hair combo? She will love it!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley! Wow, your card is sooo pretty. I love how you've colored this adorable image. I know your friend will love it - that is soooo very nice of you! Your flowers are sooo pretty too, I'm always so envious of people who know just how to arrange these on their cards - not me! :) Hope all is well! hugz, Mary

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the flowers, the charm, and the pearls!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

kris said...

what a wonderful card!!! Love your detailing and this adorable image!! =D

Elise said...

Oh my WORD!!! Shirley, this is absolutely STUNNING work!!! This image .. I have it also and LOVE it ... is sooooo WONDERFUL!!! These colors are BEAUTIFUL, the flowers are DIVINE, and everything is just PERFECT! Whew! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!

Big Hugs to you!
Elise

Joy said...

what a cute card...love the sentiment! it perfectly matches the image. love the colors and the flowers and even that charm! so perfect! have a happy hump day!

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Shirley and this is just perfect for our challenge :-) I am sure yout friend will LOVE this :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x

Alice said...

gorgeous easel card, Shirley! beautiful coloring as always!! love it!

Jodi said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley!! Love the image and pretty coloring!! She will just adore it!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Amy said...

Wow, this is such a stunner Shirley! I love the sentiment, it's so true with the li'l ones and you coloring is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous!

donna mikasa said...

Woo hoo, Shirley! This is one gorgeous card! Lookie at all the yummy details, right down to the little charm! It certainly says "friendship" and I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Shirley!!

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Shirley, love the colour too.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Beautiful card Shirley, wonderful choice of papers, colours and beautifully colour image.
Love your fabulous flowers.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Cyndi said...

love this card shirley! that image is super cute! and your coloring is fantastic!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley wow this is one stunning card what beautiful colours and papers that image is absolutely adorable your colouring is beautiful and love those flowers I love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lilian said...

Beautiful work Shirley! Love the colors and your details are amazing! Thanks for joining th Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Denimo said...

Hiya Shirley! Love, love, LOVE your card! Great colors and just a fun overall card. :)

Liza said...

Beautiful work Shirley, a gorgeous image and DPs.

Liza x

Teri said...

What a very sweet card Shirley! The sentiment is perfect, I love this image too!

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful card Shirley! I love your colouring and it's such a sweet image and design. I'm sure your friend will love it too. Hugs, Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Shirley!! Love your coloring!! Cute image!! Great layout!!
hugs,
Chris

Tammi said...

Pretty coloring on that sweet image, gorgeous easel card Shirley! ~hugs

Risa said...

Hello Shirley,
What a super cute easel card! Your images are beautiful and I love your layout,the detailing is amazing!
hugs
Risa:)

Cyn said...

Shirley, beautiful card and love all the embellies on it. That is what I love most about your cards, the details that you put into it. I always get so inspired when I go on your blog and see what you have created. Thanks for what you do and for sharing your beautiful creations.

Cyn at MunchKins