Sunday, April 28, 2013

Anything Goes

Impress rubber stamp, Hero Arts sentiment, Darice Butterflies in Corner embossing folder;
 vellum, VersaMark, Hero Arts white embossing powder

Simon Says.... Anything Goes so I thought I'd get a head start with my Mother's Day card.  Heather's card was my inspiration.  When I saw her gorgeous vellum flower, I had to try stamping and embossing on vellum too.   This turned out to be a fast and easy CAS card.  I've been leaning toward CAS designs lately as I'm so bad with layouts using pattern papers and embellies.

I now have time to craft again, Tate's been going to daycare/preschool 3 days a week.   But that extra time will soon dwindle down to zero in a few months--we're expecting Tate's brother this October.  Yay!!!   Guess I'll really have to make good use of the next few months if I want to build up a card stash, lol.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by, I sure do appreciate it!  Have a great day!

15 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This is so so pretty Shirley, love the vellum flower.. ooh congrats on being gramma again! How exciting for Tate he will be a big brother now...
Enjoy your wonderful Sunday...

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Shirley,
WOW, this is gorgeous. Simple yet elegant. Ohhh, I must give vellum paper a try one day. Congrats on your next grandbaby....another bundle of joy.

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, this is so pretty! I love the vellum flower paired with the partial embossed background. Just gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

Beautiful & elegant card, I love it. Hugs Juls xxx

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

Shirley, this is such a beautiful card and it's so good to see you posting this fabulous card. hugs, Ruth Ann

Janie Printz said...

Shirley, you take simple to a whole NEW level...This is just gorgeous !!! LOVE the vellum ... Congrats on the new new baby coming & enjoy your crafting time until the sweet little bundle of joy gets here to snuggle ....
Hugs, Janie

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend! WOW!! Really stunning design! LOVE that flower and the embossing adds the perfect accent to your design!! Thanks so much for dropping by to say hello!! HUGS :)

P.S. I'm now following you through Feedly! :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous Shirley! Love this embossing folder background and your lovely rose! Congrats on the news!!! yea! We just found out we'll have another this year too! lol

Elise said...

HI Shirley! Gorgeous! Just absolutely GORGEOUS & ELEGANT! Ooh my! I love the colors and the dry embossing .. and that flowers .. goodness gracious! SoOooO very BEAUTIFUL! I love this!

Love,
Elise

Mandy said...

Stunning card Shirley, so elegant and pretty.
How lovely you have used our sweet Heather's card as inspiration, I'll be sure to send Heather over for a peek at your beautiful card :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Alice said...

love your vellum flower, Shirley!! such a beautiful card! so glad to hear that you have some time to craft now and congratulations to your family! =)

Leanne said...

Very pretty! The soft colors on the main image looks beautiful against the embossed backdrop. Love!

Cyndi said...

Beautiful card! Love the flower! And congrats on your next grandson!

Lynn said...

That is a truly gorgeous card. Now I want to try white ink embossing on colored vellum too. Thank you so much for sharing your work. I am so happy when I spy one of your posts!