Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blog Candy

Last year I had the good fortune to win several blog candies, the last one on Dec. 26 from the Belles 'n Whistles Blog (thanks Summer!).   The prize was a whopping $35 Gift Certificate to the BnW store but what made it even more special was that it was the perfect time to shop for their just-released Sweet Things Collection!   Well, when I placed my order, I also ordered a stamp for one of you, as I wanted to share my good fortune.


This stamp is called Sweet Love and will be perfect for your Valentines card.

I also wanted to thank you all for taking the time to visit me and for always leaving me such encouraging comments.  I wish I could make something for each and every one of you as my thank you but since I can't, I am including my calendar project as part of this blog candy.   I wanted to give you something that was handmade and from my heart and I hope whoever wins this will enjoy using it.

 

The picture on the left is what goes inside the calendar stand.  The pen is "telescopic" so you can shorten or lengthen it.  Attached to the back is a note pad and a couple of little pads to mark your place.


If you would like a chance to win this blog candy, this is what you need to do.  Leave me a comment and tell me what three (3) things you most often reach for when you are crafting (excluding copics, lol).  Mine are my cuttlebug, center ruler, and un-du (seems I'm never satisfied with my first placement).  But don't worry, you won't be disqualified if you don't do this--I'm just being nosey.  Just make sure you leave me a comment so you'll be entered in the drawing!  Easy peasy that's it!
This candy will end on January 18.  I'll be doing this the old-fashioned way by cutting up your comments, throwing it in a hat and letting my DH pick a winner.  I'll post the winner on Tuesday, the 19th.  

 

Happy news!  Seems like my good fortune is still with me as I just recently found out that I won some sweet stuff from Jacque!  I won her Bells n' Whistles canister filled with truffles!  How SWEET is that!  I wish I could share this candy with you!   Please visit Jacque's blog.  She is an amazingly talented lady and her creations are all so gorgeous!  Thanks Jacque!!!

Thanks for stopping by and
Good Luck!

29 comments:

Islander Girl said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Wowzer!!!

3 things I reach for most..hmmm: mono adhesive, scissors and paper trimmer. I know sounds boring! hahaha!

CHARLOTTE said...

Wow, Shirley, your calendar was well thought of - everything is included! The three things I reach for ... Heiko tape, baby wipes and stamps.

Elise said...

Oh Shirley! How so like you to be so sweet and giving! :) I swear, you're just such a kind person at heart. Thank you so much for the chance to win your awesome blog candy! It's gorgeous!!!

Well, the 3 things I reach for is my handy dandy ol fashioned ruler (LOL), my scrapbook adhesive tape, and my fiskars paper trimmer (which everytime I put it aside, I find that I need it right back in front of me again ... LOL).

Thanks so much Shirley! :)
Hugs,
Elise

1LuvnMama said...

woohoo! Candy from a sweet lady! Luv this calender and notepad thing-a-ma-gig! Creative! Can I play? Wanna be as luck as you in winning! :)

3 things that I reach for (shucks, can't write copics!)
1) adhesive tape
2) cutting board
3) my head! -- yes, I often scratch my head thinking, "What the heck am I gonna do next?"

Hee, hee! Can't wait to see what others reach for!

Sally said...

Shirely,
how kind of you to share your good fortune with us. Since I can't say copics, I would have to say adhesives, paper cutter and ribbons.
Thank you for the chance to win.

Michelle Alejandro said...

Hi Shirley! Looks like so much fun! I just love blog candy! Ok...here goes:
1. adhesive
2. punch
3.ribbon
I think that is what I usually always use. There are probably like a zillion other things too, lol!

Hugs,
Michelle

kris said...

Lots of deserving goodies for a SUPER SWEET person!!! You go girl!!! i'm so happy for your fortune!! i'll play too... 3 things... come on, only 3... hehehehe! 1. papers 2. bling 3. paper cutter... and a whole lot more!!! Thanks for being sweet you!! hugs, Kris

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

oh how fun....love the goodies...i adore your coloring and all of your details....
3 things I grab for....hmmm........
1-adhesive
2-pearl bling
3-CS
have an awesome crafty day
Liann

Nena said...

Your calender is just precious!! What a great
way to enjoy a special Copic colored image
for months on end. When I stamp I love my
teflon bone folder; it is amazing, clear
embossing powder, and of course wonderful DP.

Denise said...

Wow Shirley, Great Blog Candy!!
The 3 things I reach for the most,
pencil, bone folder & adhesive....lot's more! LOL

donna mikasa said...

Hi Shirley! Such yummy candy! I'm loving the Ketto designs--your calendar is too cute! Crossing my fingers!
Three things I reach for: Copics, pop dots, Kokuyo tape runner

Brenda said...

Congrats on all your blog candy wins! You truly deserve them! As for my 3 things I reach for when crafting: paper snips, punches, & tombow adhesive.

Jenny V. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm feeling a little better. Congrats on your blog candy winnings. Lucky you and you truly deserve it. 3 Things I reach for is adhesive, crop a dile/ punch, and ribbon. Great idea on the calendar, love it.

Cyndi said...

Thanks for letting us have a chance to win your blog candy! Well the 3 things for i reach for the most is adhesive, ribbon and spellbinder nestabilities. have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow ! awesome cards..
thanks for the blog candy...

3 things ...a pair of scissor, paste and
pencil...traditional crafter..on the
way to modern ...just loading some techniques and winning some materials and tools hahaha

Milnie said...

ow wow! this calendar is absolutely gorgeous and thank you for the chance to win the adorable stamp! Three things: Stamps, Nestabilities and design papers!

Hugs,

Mélanie

Ps. I have also a yummie candy which will end today!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you what a lucky girl you are!! Congrats on all of that and what great friends you have!! :) I just adore the fun calendar creation!! So sweet!!

I've got that BnW image coming and can't wait to get it, but how generous of you to get an extra for someone!! Your so sweet!! HUGS

Jodi said...

Ok, you must surely be lucky when you go to Vegas too!! How awesome that you won another blog candy giveaway!! Congratulations!
I would truly love to win your candy... I never win anything! LOL!
My 3 must haves (excluding copics):
cuttlebug folder, spellbinders/punches, and mounting tape.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Joy said...

you are one talented lady! I do love your creations! maybe you can share your ideas with a tutorial? =) thanks for offering such a wonderful blog candy. you are too sweet! I guess if I had to think of what I reach for the most is...my cutter, scoring tool and tape runner...but sometimes my simple ruler too! have a fabulous weekend!

Juls said...

ooooh thank you for the offer of such gorgeous candy!!

My 3 things I reach for are:

Sticky dots
stickles
adhesive gems

Hugs Juls

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats on your win Shirley!! Truffles? Yum!!! This candy sure does look yummy!!! Love that stamp and your calendar is gorgeous!! Love the design inside and out!

I always reach for my cuttlebug,fiskars cutter,adhesive (dimensional and take), spellbinders and sewing machine.

hugs,
Chris

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh pure SWEETNESS!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley - this is awesome candy! love these new BnW images! I keep my scor-it tool right handy, my omni grid ruler (use the 1in. x 6 in. size the most) and my atg gun! lol
Pam Going Postal

mst822 said...

Congratulations on your win! I luv your calender project, so, so cute! How sweet of you to give away this yummy candy! Hmmm, 3 things would be: Meriken tape (adhesive), ruler, spellbinders!
Tammy

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! So nice blog candy! 3 things: Paper, ruler and cutter. Thank you for the chance :)

joni h said...

Your calendar project is awesome! Thanks for the chance to win it! What are the 3 things...hmmm...they would be my scrap bags of cardstock, dimensionals, and my HUGE cup of ice cold diet coke!!

Amy said...

Oh Shirley, you know I'm a fan of those Kettos and this desk calendar is the cutest! My three go-to excluding Copics would have to be: pearls/gems, flowers and foam adhesive.
Enjoy your truffles, you lucky girl!

Linda said...

Hey Shirley! You are one lucky gal! Hope I made it in time for your blog candy! You are so very thoughtful to order something for us with your winnings! You are definitely "paying it forward!" Here are my three things I reach for: 1st and always, my reading glasses(!), 2nd and always, a nice tall glass of ice water, and 3rd and always, a little bit of chocolate for energy! No wonder it takes me so long to create something! Heehee! Enjoy your weekend Shirley! xoxo, Linda

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

I love that Calendar- I agree, maybe you could share a tutorial?