Wednesday, January 20, 2010

OCS Card for Michelle



My OCS card for Michelle

I was so happy when I found out that my partner this month was Michelle from Mushi's Creative Inspirations!  If you saw the beautiful shaker card she made for me in my previous posting and if you visited her blog, you  already know what I mean when I say she is a very talented crafter. 



My card for Michelle is actually a stair-step fold card.  I was inspired by a card I saw on Suzanne Dean's blog and Beate Johns, the creator of this fold (her instructions can be found here) but I altered mine to 2 steps insead of 3.


The ribbons were added inside the card to keep it from doing the "splits".  I know Michelle just recently posted a beautiful calendar that she made, but I'm hoping she won't mind one more.
Thank you Teri for organizing this fun OCS once again!   And to all of you, thanks for stopping by and for always leaving me such sweet comments!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Shirley, I'm positive Michelle will love your card - I started counting how many embellishments you used for the card ... you put a lot of love into this card. TFS.

Elise said...

Oh Shirley! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! You've coloured Anya so perfectly, and the colors you've used are just so beautiful! You've inspired me to try and make this also! Just so stunning! And you've 3'd her just beautifully! Wow!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Hugs,
Elise

donna mikasa said...

This is so pretty, Shirley! Love the colors and it's such a neat design!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

amazing creations as usual Shirley- you are so awesome. I love how you can adapt patterns, I SO need help in that area. Thanks always for visiting my blog and leaving comments. I really appreciate it. PS, I think I saw you in Scrapbook Heaven on MLK day, but I wasn't sure ;P Take care and God Bless

mst822 said...

Wow Shirley, that is a gorgeous card! I luv the color combination & the stair step design. Gotta try that one day soon! TFS!
Tammy

Cyndi said...

love this! very creative and love the color combo!

Joy said...

this is such an awesome card! it's something she can enjoy looking at and it also has a desk calendar, so it's useful too! wow! love the colors, DP and image! you really did a wonderful job on this! thank you for my package in the mail! it was so sweet of you to think of me! love all my goodies! THANK YOU! have a great night!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this calendar is fabulous, love the colours and the sweet image.
luv
Debby

1LuvnMama said...

Shirley~
Amazing girl! I like your take on the step card and make it all your own creation! The colors work so well together, just luv everything about it! Btw, luvn the package the postman delivered! :)

Anonymous said...

Shriley, wow!! What a really fabulous project!! I adore your image and all the fun colors you've used on your easel/calendar creation!! What a clever idea!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Risa said...

Wow...your stair step card is stunning Shirley! Your coloring is fantastic and the detailing rocks!
hugs
Risa:)

Brenda said...

Oh Michelle is going to love this card! It's so cute! Love how you altered it to fit your needs!

Jenny V. said...

Hi Shirley!This is a great idea, something I must try. I'm sure Michelle will love it, I love the colors they are perfect together. Also adore the image. TFS. Have a wonderful day.

Michelle Alejandro said...

Shirley this is so beautiful! I had to tell my daughter "hands off"! Hehe, she wanted it for herself and I had to pull the selfish card on her. The colors, embellies, calendar, flowers....it's a stunner! Thank you so much and I am SO lucky to have been your partner and to have met you! Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Michelle

joni h said...

So super creative! I thought it was a card & a calendar. Never dreamed it was ONE card/calendar! Awesome! Love the colors!

Lynn said...

I found your blog from reading Michelle's. She's right; you are a terrific crafter. That calendar is amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amy said...

This is crazy cool Shirley! So creative and beautiful to look at!

Kyoko said...

Hi Shirley! This is just a BEAUTIFUL CARD ... LOVE THE COLORS YOU USED! I told Michelle that I have sure missed a lot since I have been MIA from blogland! TFS!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh look how pretty.

Anonymous said...

this is awesome Shirley! I have to remember this...what a great gift!
Pam Going Postal

Lacey Stephens said...

I saw this on Michelle's blog!! So lovely! I know she was trilled to receive it! I love the colors you used!! Beautiful!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Linda said...

Hi Shirley ~ OMG, this step card is a BEAUTY! I wanted to know if I could case your layout. Is that ok? I have a Spellbinders die that I used only once because I wasn't quite sure how to use it. Now that I see your card, I'm inspired to try and use it again! Hope you're enjoying your weekend! xoxo, Linda

Nicola said...

Your stair step calender card has the WOW factor for sure Shirley. I love those gorgeous papers and your floral details and how fantastic your colouring of Anya is. Michele is a very lucky lady to receive this and you are more than a very talented crafter.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-