Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hello Friend!

...swinging by with some Birthday Wishes!


Are you a Pure Innocence fan like I am?  She is one of my favorites now and I hope she'll also stir the heart of the special birthday girl who'll be getting this card.   I used the wiper card pattern for this but left out the "wiper".  One of the nice things about the wiper card is that it can fold for mailing.  I only hope it'll get to her without any of the pieces falling off (worried about her tiny hands and the little birdie since they're attached with itsy bitsy pieces of foam mounts).   Happy Birthday GF!



Entered her in some challenges too:
Stamp Something - Touch of Spring Somethings
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 18, Flower Power
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC55), Flowers
Creative Belli Blog Challenge 85 - Butterflies and Dragonflies
Card recipe:
Paper:  Suzy's Zoo, Carolees Creations
Stamp:  Pure Innocence Digital Stamp 023,  Tree from Stampendous Precious Moments
Ink:  Copic Markers
Other:  Nestabilities, JudiKins Spring Meadow Speckles, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Rubon. Adhesive Pearls

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Brenda said...

Awww... such a sweet card! You are always so thoughtful! Happy birthday to the "special" birthday girl!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! TFS :)

Elise said...

Oh Shirley!!! What a WONDERFUL birthday card! Your recipient will absolutely LOVE this! I love how you actually put strings on to connect the swing! And the bird and butterfly with all those gorgeous flowers ... my oh my!!! This is gorgeous!!! And it's such a beautiful fold! I just looooove it!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring me all the time Shirley! :)
luv,
Elise

Joy said...

this is so cute! I love pure innocence as it's growing on me more and more! I love your creation and I love how she can swing =) you do such fabulous work! I need to get me this image now! thanks for sharing and have a happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Wow Shirley!! This is just adorable!! I love your card!! so clever and so fun filled with Spring!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something!! HUGS

craftymum said...

A super card Shirley. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love sarah W XXX
p.s. only 2 days left to enter my first blog candy

Danni said...

Fabulous card!! Love it!!

Amy said...

This is truly adorable Shirley! The way you continued the scene by adding all those little flowers beneath the tree looks fantastic! :)

1LuvnMama said...

Oh, the "special birthday girl" luvs it! This is gorgeous in every which way! OMGosh, stunning and I'm in awe! My son and daughter wanted to swing the little girl . . . I hesitated but allowed them too, very gently! :) I can't thank you enough dear friend for your thoughtfulness!

joni h said...

I'm hooked on these images too. Just haven't made anything with them. Love your "swing!" Guessin' that the bday girl loves it (since I'm following her comment)!!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh goodness...this is so darn cute@ Love all the little details, the flowers, the little birdie and butterfly! Darling!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

oh my SHirley this is so cute!!! I love that swing!!! very precious card!
hugs, Janiel

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is just TOOOO cute, Shirley! The tree is PERFECT for the little girl and I love the depth in the card design!

mst822 said...

Gosh what a cute card! I luv the swing!!!
Tammy

Risa said...

Oh Shirley, your card is stunning and the detailing is immaculate! How on earth did you cut out the tiny features so perfectly? Super great job, your GF is going to LOVE her card!
hugs
Risa:)

Cyndi said...

very cute birthday card! love the card technique as well! have a great weekend!

CHARLOTTE said...

Wow, Shirley, you did a fabulous job with this card - love all of the embellishments and design you used.

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute !!! I really love her, wonderful creation !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Jodi said...

This is adorable! Love that you made a wiper card for her too! So Cute!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Michelle Alejandro said...

Shirley this is so beautiful! Love how she swings! I am so inspired by your work, it is unbelievable! Love it!
Hugs,
Michelle

Denise said...

Shirley, this is awesome! So creative. Love the sweet image & how you did the tree/swing part. Adorable!!
Hugs,
Denise

Vina said...

Wow Shirley..so creative with the wiper card! I know your GF will LOVE it -)

Debbie said...

This is fabulous Shirley, I love the cute scene you have created.
Debbie x

Teri said...

Love this wiper card Shirley! This Pure Innocence image is perfect for this beautiful card!! Love all the details!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is pure SWEETNESS!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Shirley, I love your wiper card!! Such a sweet scene you created with your Pure Innocence image!! Love your coloring and colors!!
hugs,
Chris

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, this is siii precious....such a darling image and how cool to add the twine to the swing...LOVE this!!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!!

brenda said...

Hello Shirley

This is totally adorable card, so very delicate and wonderful attention to detail.

Thank you for your visits to my blog and all your kind words, they really are appreciated.

B x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Shirley! All the attention to adding awesome details...just can't stop looking! Wonderful coloring too!
just precious! love your card!!!
Pam Going Postal