Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I love going away on trips but it's always nice to be back at home.  I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day and President's Day holiday. 

I also had some sweet surprises waiting for me when I got home--a couple of very nice packages from 2 very sweet DFs.

From Brenda, Sweet as a Gumdrop

When I first saw Brenda's notepads and cup containers on her blog, I thought they were just the cutest things so you can imagine how excited and delighted I was when I opened my package.  Brenda, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.  I am still toying with the idea of buying a BIA maker but just yesterday purchased the Sizzix die to make these daisies so as you can see, you have really inspired me with your creativity!    You are always creating such awesome projects and I just love this RAK, thank you!

From 1LuvnMama, Luvn The Journey

And from Mama, isn't this the sweetest desk tidy?!!!  You must go over and visit Mama's blog because she made a variety of these desk tidies and each and every one of them is just so cute and oh so pretty.   I can't believe how lucky I am to have received this.   Thank you DF for thinking of me.  You ARE 1LuvnMama!!!

                                       
From Elise, Paper Love Affair

When I received this award from my new blogging friend, Elise, I was so touched that she had thought of me.  I have been a "stalker" of Elise's gorgeous work for only a few months but because of her warm personality and sweet emails, I feel I have known her for years.   Thank you for this lovely award, Elise!   I hope I do this and pass this on correctly. 

The guidelines:
Copy the award from my blog
Link to the person who gave me the award
Give 7 interesting facts about yourself
Select 7 other blogs to present this to
Link to their blogs

Ok, I'll tell you 7 things I love, tho I doubt it's interesting since I'm pretty much a very boring person, LOL!

I love:
1.  DH--we just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary
2.  coffee--can't start my day without it, but trying to cut down
3.  Korean dramas--tho sometimes that seems to be taking a back seat to crafting/blogging lately
4.  blog hopping--I love seeing all of your wonderful creations!
5.  spicy ahi poke (raw fish)/sushi
6.  Vegas
7.  crafts (duh)

I now pass this on to 7 blogging friends:

Have fun ladies and thank you Elise for thinking of me!






   

13 comments:

Elise said...

Oh Shirley, you sure are the sweetest thing out there! I am so happy to have "met" you, and I too feel like I've known you for years! Every time I hear from you, I know it will be genuinely heartwarming to me. :) Your RAK's are GORGEOUS ... and you truly deserve them!! You are a very very special woman!
Also HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby! Wow! That's wonderful!!! 40 years! Whew! LOL!
Well Shirley, I'm so glad you are back!!! I've missed you dearly and can't wait to see what you create next! :)
Warm Hugs,
Elise

Brenda said...

Thanks for the award! You are so sweet!

Amy said...

Those RAKS are so cute and what a wonderful welcome home for you!
I was so happy to see that you were one of the winners at ATS, congrats! :)

1LuvnMama said...

You are a sweetie Shirl and you deserved those goodies! :) Glad you're home safe and now you can create away! ;)

Congrats on your 40th anniversary! That is amazing! Both my parents and in-laws celebrated their 40th last year . . .

Btw, I luv, luv, luv spicy ahi too! Yum, my fav! Ok, that's 1 out of 7 interesting fact about me! :)

Cyndi said...

Wow, what great RAKs you received! you deserve it! congrats on your anniversary! and thanks so much for the award!

Jenny V. said...

Welcome home Shirley and Happy 40th wedding anniversary. I so love spicy ahi poke and sushi too even my son loves Sushi and he even like it with wasabi. Lovely Raks you got. Miss your work and can't wait to see more of them.

kris said...

You have surely been missed GF!!! what wonderful goodies to come home to... Happy mail!! =D aren't those gifts the cutest?! Thanks for the blog award too!! Wow!!! GF you know you're an inspiration to me too!!! hugs, Kris

Unknown said...

So nice RAKs! Congrats on your award :)

CHARLOTTE said...

Great RAKs waiting for you upon your return from Vegas and congratulations on your 40th anniversary too. Waiting to see your creative juices working again ... watching the new Monday night kdrama ... so good!

Joy said...

love your RAKs! they are so sweet! Brenda and Mama are always giving their adorable creations away and I don't know where they find the time! love it though. thank you for passing this award to me...I am honored and blessed to have you as my friend. have a wonderful week!

Jodi said...

Shirley you deserve these goodies! They are so cute!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Risa said...

Shirley, your RAKs are beautiful! You are so lucky to have such beautiful friends! TFS!!
Congratulations on your well deserved award, it is a joy to visit your blog.
hugs
Risa:)

Sue from Oregon said...

I am stilllllll catching up in my google reader...Yikes...these are great creations Shirley!