Hello! Thank you for dropping by to visit me today.
I stayed away from card making for so long, it was hard for me to get back into the swing of things--the ideas just wouldn't come. This Bikini Honey stamp sat on my craft table for a couple of weeks begging to be stamped, but I had no idea what to do with her let alone find the right DP to use. It took the Hero Arts wood finish stamp sitting next to her to give me an ah-ha moment. I thought, what if I embossed it and distressed it with blue and brown inks, would it look like the sand and sea? Anyway, it made for a simple card and an entry for some challenges.
The Challenges:
All That Scraps, Color Challenge, light blue, light yellow, pumpkin
Stampin' for the Weekend, Challenge #40, summer/travel theme
Papertake Weekly Challenge, Fun Fun Fun!!!!
The recipe:
Stamps: C.C. Designs Honey Bikini; Hero Arts Wood Finish
Tools: Nesabilities, EK Success Corner Punch
Ink: Copic Markers, Distress Inks, Inkssentials Opaque Pen
Other: Dress it Up Button, Pop Dots
Leave me a comment that you want Honey and if you qualify, your name will be entered in a drawing. You have until 4 pm Wednesday (Hawaii time) to enter and then I'll have my DH draw a name. Thanks for playing and good luck!
Thanks for visiting and have a good evening!
23 comments:
fabulous card Shirley :-) The image is adorable and I love the background you created ,,, what a brilliant idea :-) I love the colours you used and the shell embellie is a perfect finishing touch :-)
Thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x
I am a follower and I would love to win that very cute stamp :-) x
Missed you much!!! so glad you're back and about... it is hard to get back into the sway of things when you're stumped... hehe!! love the scene you created with Honey here... she's ready for the hot summer heat!! Hugs!
She's baaaaack! So good to see your cards again! Missed you! Don't count me in for Honey--I just got her, too! Now I'm inspired to try the "sand and sea" like you did! Just wanted to welcome you back...HUGS!
Adorable card Shirley.
luv
Debby
your card is just gorgeous!! Love the colours! Hugs Juls
So sweet card! Glad you are back. Love the scene you created. TFS :)
Aww, such a sweet card and I love this Bikini Honey image! Love all of the distressing you did here. Adds softness to the card. This is such a fun summer card! TFS shirley!
Awesome Shirley! love your idea! SOOOO ever-lovin' creative! lol Love Honey too...she's such a cutie!
Thanks for playing along w/us in the color challenge at ATS Weekly Wed. blog!
Pam Going Postal
Welcome back, Shirley, we missed you and it looks like you got your mojo back - cute card -love the design and how you distressed the background!
YAY! you found your mojo! Great card as usual- I told you you wouldn't forget how to color w/ copics! Welcome back Shirley!
I love this stamp! she is so cute...don't know why she has such a big head...but she's so cute...LOL! love what you did. it does look like she's sitting on the sand at the beach. you did a fab job. so glad your "mojo" is returning! missed your posts! thanks for always coming to mine to leave me such encouraging words. hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Hi Shirley! Luv Honey basking in the sun with your beautiful background. So clever! :) I know how you feel about being away for so long and I'm still kinda "away"! Glad you were able to get some crafting done 'cause I'll ditto what everyone has said, "MISSED YA"! Looking forward to seeing more MOJO! :)
And here I thought you had water colored that cool looking background... what a fab technique! Your little Honey looks fab and I would say it looks like your mojo is back my friend! :)
Welcome back! We definitely missed you! I think your card came out perfect! Love that little shell too! I would love to have a Honey Bikini of my own! Thanks for the chance to win! Hope you have a great week!
This is just too cute! I love the background, you are so darn creative! I need it to rub-off on me. My mojo is missing somewhere, lol! I need to get cracking!
Hugs,
Michelle
Shirley .. are you sneaking cards past me?!!! lol! How did this one pass me and me not notice?!!!! Oh you naughty girl! lol! Anyway! I'm glad you inked this little cutie up! She looks as happy as can be sitting on your lovely scenic beach ... getting a little pink on the cheeks from the heat! "Don't forget the SPF lotion baby girl!" hehe! Oh she's a cutie! I love the summery colors you've used ... so bright, cheery and vivid! Awesome card Shirley!!!!
Big Hugs to you!
Elise
very nice card! you always make the best! she is so cute!
love seeing your cards, Shirley!!! she is so adorable!! i think i qualify! =) thanks for the chance to win!!
What a fab card, Shirley! Luv how you distressed that background! So creative! Please do not count me in for Honey, I've already got her...I just need to create something with her! Hee hee! TFS!
Tammy
Very cute card Shirley! I love the background you created!
I wasn't a follower until today, so I am not entering in your candy draw, but your cards are so cute that I had to become a follower! :)
I just wanted to Congratulate you on winning the ATS challenge Shirley! Looks like not only is your mojo back so is your winning ways! :)
Congratulations on the win with ATS Wednesday Challenge Shirley!! What a super duper cute card you made!
Hugs
Jodi =)
SWEET!!!!
Post a Comment