Friday, June 18, 2010

Wild Card Wednesday


I bought a stamp called Cuddle Anya from Tamiko's a few weeks ago but I  just couldn't come up with a layout.  Then I saw Traci's sketch on Club Anya & Friends, Wild Card Wednesday - It's Sketch Time!  and thought, that's it!    I remembered about some old DP that have been shelved for years (yippie, using some old stash!) and my card came together.  Here's my entry.


The recipe:
Stamp:  The Greeting Farm; CC Designs (sentiment)
Paper:  Making Memories
Ink:  Memento, Copic Markers
Tools:  Fiskars Circle Border Punch
Other:  Making Memories Ribbon, Doodlebug Brads

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!
and to all the dads, Happy Father's Day!


27 comments:

North Shore Craft Girl said...

Shirley she is just too cute. I love the paper you used, it just feels so homey and perfectly sweet. I hope you win, I love it. Have a great weekend, stay dry :0)

Danni said...

This is just precious!! Oh so darling!

Islander Girl said...

OMG this is super cute! I love it!!! Great job!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about it, Shirley. My niece had her third child (girl) after having two boys 8 and 18 and this would be the perfect card to case! TFS

donna mikasa said...

Kawaii, Shirley!! The circle border punch is awesome and adds a nice detail to the card. Love this!!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh how yummy Shirley! :) Luv that circle punch which adds a nice touch to the card! Your paper piecing is right on and Cuddle, what can I say, so adorable! Have yourself a wonderful weekend!

Brenda said...

This card is so adorable! Makes me want to have another girl so that you can make me one of these! Just kidding! I'm glad you're getting back into the swing of things... thanks for the inspiration!

Alice said...

this is so so adorable!!! love the super sweet pink and your coloring!!! love it!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...what a great take on this sketch...cute as can be!

ShaniKulani said...

what a great card! good luck :) and love that sketch.

Happy Honu said...

That is one cute card, and thanks for sharing the sketch. It looks like a great one and easy to use. It makes me proud to be a girl, so girly, just what that stamp calls for. I love your coloring. Thanks for sharing--Myra

Elise said...

Oh my goodness Shirley!!!! This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love how you've put everything together! And this image is as cute as can possibly be!!! You did the sketch PERFECTLY!!! Oh how I love love love this!!! You so rock!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

joni h said...

Cute as a button! Love the paper pieces and you nailed the layout! I like this beary much! Have a great weekend!

Cyndi said...

love this card! she is such a cutie and love the details! have a great weekend!

debby4000 said...

oh adorable Shirley, wonderful card.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

so cute!! Love the mix of polka dots!! Hugs Juls

Allison Rankin said...

I always trust that I can find a super cute creation whenever I head your way Shirley...and this one is terrific!

Unknown said...

So adorable! And great take on the sketch. Love the DP you used. TFS Hugs :)

Joy said...

your card is sooo adorable that i had to make one myself today! great job Shirley!!!

hugs,
joy

Anonymous said...

oh the joy of a little girl! Your card is totally charming Shirley...beautifully colored and paper pieced! Love it!
Pam Going Postal

Jo Nevill said...

Hi Shirley

So lovely to hear from you again and thank you for your lovely kind comment.

What a gorgeous card, so sweet and the image is just adorable.

Huge hugs,

Jo xxx

Amy said...

Traci's sketch is just perfect for Cuddle Anya, she looks so sweet! Fantastic paper piecing and your coloring rocks, Shirley! Love this card!

Joy said...

what a great sketch to follow...love what you chose to do with your card! this image is so darling! love how you paper pieced her too. hope you had a great weekend! happy Monday!

Jodi said...

Shirley, she is just adorable!! I love the sweet pink and great paper piecing you did on her too!! Very cute!
Hugs
Jodi =)

stephanne said...

Awwww Shirley, this is adorable!! The perfect patterned paper and the image is darling and your colouring is and paper piecing are supberb!! Thanks for your visit to my blog and also for participating in my little candy!! I went for a little snoopsie around your blog, GORGEOUS stuff!!! I can't wait to see more from you, so I made it easier on myself and signed up as a follower ;)
Hugs,
Stephanne

Sheila said...

Wow...this is absolutely beautiful. I don't if I've ever seen that Anya, but I know I need her now. BTW - I used to live in Mililani...of course that was like 20 years ago. LOL Aloha!!

Sheila

Risa said...

Wow....your card takes my breath away Shirley! Your image is adorable! You did an amazing job with the paper piecing and the soft pink DP is fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)